Health and safety audits are important
A health and safety audit has become an important element in the assurance environment of many organisations, and a valuable tool for managing risk more effectively. This applies to both the corporate and public sectors and small to medium businesses too. It is a valuable instrument for managing risk effectively and appropriately and is an important function of any information security and compliance program.
It is important because it helps you to verify that your business processes reflect your documented policies and procedures. An external audit helps you locate areas where your business can save time and money by examining the day-to-day tasks of workers, and pointing out areas where improvement is possible.
Audits also identify areas of waste in a business, as well as fraudulent spending or improper transactions by employees.
Health and safety audit will help with:
- Providing independent assurance that an organisation’s risk management, governance, and internal control processes are operating effectively. External auditors, along with executive and non-executive management and external auditors, are a critical part of the top-level governance of any organisation.
- External auditing provides insight into an organisation’s culture, policies, procedures, and it assists board and management oversight by verifying internal controls such as operating efficiency, risk mitigation controls, and compliance with any relevant laws or regulations.
- A health and safety audit can serve as a component of your risk review process which is a legal requirement.
- It assists board and management oversight by verifying internal controls such as operating efficiency, risk mitigation controls, and compliance with any relevant laws or regulations.
- Many companies have already discovered the potential that internal auditing can unlock in their business improvements, and have included internal auditing roles and functions in their businesses.
- This process may seem like a luxury to many small to medium-sized businesses. The truth is that they can’t afford not to implement external auditing in your business.
What does the auditor do?
As the Chief Executive or business owner what do I need to do?
The audit will help your business how?
How long will the audit take?
What happens after the audit?
Improve process efficiency, consistency, and documentation
Boost revenues and financial performance
Earn higher customer satisfaction ratings
Optimise supplier and partner relationships